Shanghai University is happy to invite applications for the Shanghai Government Scholarship for International Bachelors, Masters and PhD Students 2019-2020, eligible persons are by this notice informed to hurry and apply for this Fully Funded program in China.
With its establishment in 2006, the Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship aims to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and encourage more and more outstanding international students and scholars to universities in Shanghai.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS 2019-2020) is part of the Social Responsibilities of the government to fund fees for International Students in China. Get the best of Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D. Education and other vital information.
What You Need To Know About The Shanghai Government Scholarship
This scholarship, provided by Shanghai government for international students studying in Shanghai, is in two types: A, B.
Type A, expressly for those who study for Undergraduate, Master’s or Doctoral degrees and undergraduate preparatory courses. It is also a full scholarship, including tuition, free accommodation, accident insurance, living allowance.
However, Type B, only for those who study for degrees, is partial scholarship, only including tuition accident insurance.
Successful applicants for the two types of Shanghai Government scholarships receive the following :
- A waiver of tuition fee
- free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Stipend: Bachelor: RMB 1100/ month; Master: RMB 1700/ month; PhD: RMB 2100/ month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
- a waiver of tuition fee
- Free on-campus dormitory accommodation
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China
Eligibility for the Shanghai Government Scholarship
To be eligible for this Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship for international students, the applicant must:
- Be a non-Chinese citizen in good health.
- Not be an enrolled degree student in Chinese universities at the time of application.
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- For the doctoral programs, be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for it.
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs.
- Be excellent in academic and extra-curricular performance and yet not be rewarded any other scholarships offered by the Chinese government
- In addition, meet the corresponding language level requirements:
- The applicant’s general Chinese proficiency test (HSK) should at least reach the new level 4 (a new Chinese proficiency test certificate is required). At the same time, it should meet the language requirements for the language of instruction in the applicant institution and professional regulations.
- Meet the conditions for applying for institutions and professional regulations.
- Also, not all other scholarships of the Chinese government have been obtained at the same time.
Level/Field of Study
Bachelor’s degree programs.
Master’s degree programs (except MBA and MTCSOL*) Note: MBA is short for Master of Business Administration;
MTCSOL refers to Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
Doctoral degree programs.
Why You Should Apply For Shanghai Government Scholarship?
According to the latest QS Best Student Cities Ranking, Shanghai is among the world’s top 40 cities for international students to study in.
In addition, Shanghai is one of the biggest cities in the world and shook the world with its development in recent times as it is competing with other cities of the world which have been instituted since ages.
Are you an eligible applicant? We encourage you to apply for the 2019-2020 Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS 2019-2020).
Schooling and duration are as follows:
- Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years
- Master’s degree programs: 2 to 3 years
- Doctoral degree programs: 3 to 4 years
However, the actual scholarship duration is subject to the information on the Admission Notice, which cannot be extended in general.
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship 2019-2020
Step 1: Complete the online application procedure at SGS Online Application System
Step 2: Log in to the “Study in Shanghai” website and apply directly to the school or major to be enrolled.
For Shanghai University Application:
- Complete the online application procedure at Shanghai University online application www.apply.shu.edu.cn.
- Furthermore, complete the online payment for the non-refundable application fee RMB 500.
The East China Normal University Application:
- Visit the scholarship Link at http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN/msg.php?id=36
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://lxsapply.ecnu.edu.cn/. Submit an online application and pay the application fee.
List of Institution For The Shanghai Foreign Student Government Scholarships
|No.||Institution name||Universities||Website / Web Site|
|1||Fudan University||Fudan University|
|2||Shanghai Jiaotong University||Shanghai Jiao Tong University|
|3||Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine||Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine|
|4||Tongji University||Tongji University|
|5||East China Normal University||East China Normal University|
|6||East China University of Science and Technology||East China University of Science and Technology|
|7||Shanghai International Studies University||Shanghai International Studies University||Http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn|
|8||Donghua University||Donghua University||Http://english.dhu.edu.cn|
|9||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics|
|10||Shanghai University||Shanghai University|
|11||Shanghai University of Technology||The University of Shanghai for Science and Technology||Http://iso.usst.edu.cn|
|12||Shanghai Maritime University||Shanghai Maritime University|
|13||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||Http://www.shcmusic.edu.cn|
|14||Shanghai Theatre Academy||Shanghai Theatre Academy||Http://www.sta.edu.cn|
|15||Shanghai Institute of Physical Education||Shanghai University of Sport||Http://cice.sus.edu.cn|
|16||East China University of Political Science and Law||East China University of Political Science and Law|
|17||Shanghai Ocean University||Shanghai Ocean University||Http://admissions.shou.edu.cn/en/en?c=index|
|18||Shanghai Electric Power College||Shanghai University of Electric Power|
|19||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine|
|20||Shanghai Normal University||Shanghai Normal University||Http://iao.shnu.edu.cn|
|21||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics|
|22||Shanghai University of Engineering and Technology||Shanghai University of Engineering Science|
|23||Shanghai Lixin Accounting and Finance College||Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance|
|24||Shanghai Second Polytechnic University||Shanghai Polytechnic University||Http://lxs.sspu.edu.cn|
|25||Shanghai Electric Institute||Shanghai Tianjin University|
|26||Shanghai University of Applied Sciences||Shanghai Institute of Technology|
|27||Shanghai Business School||Shanghai Business School|
|28||Shanghai School of Political Science and Law||Shanghai University of Political Science and Law|
|29||Shanghai Shanda College||Sanda University|
|30||Shanghai Jianqiao College||Shanghai Jian Qiao University||https://en.gench.edu.cn/|
|31||Shanghai Health Medical College||Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences|
|32||Shanghai New York University||NYU Shanghai||Https://shanghai.nyu.edu|
|33||China Europe International Business School||China Europe International Business School|
|34||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences|
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2019-2020 Application Deadlines
The application deadline varies among the schools. However, the application time is generally 2-4 months per year, but the annual application time and process of each institution may be adjusted, subject to the information published by the institutions on their admissions website.
Applications are currently being accepted from the present time till April yearly (fall intake only)